THE SITUATION BACK THEN
I was tasked to sell a 4-room HDB unit at Bedok Central – it is at level 3 and facing the MRT track. Sounds challenging?
Although I am not familiar with the area, I pulled out several data and went on-ground to understand further. Here is what I analysed.
Extensive Analysis – Here is what I found out.
- Youngest clusters in Bedok – 9 years old at time of marketing
- Prime location. 5 min walk to Bedok MRT
- There are 3 other 4-room units for sale at the time of marketing – 2 are high floor and pricing above 700k while one is on the 8th floor which is priced slightly below 700k
Profile – I profiled the potential buyer for this unit accordingly.
- Has been staying around Bedok region.
- Very particular about being near amenities and yet do not want an old HDB flat
- Have budget above 600k but likely below 700k – likely working professionals between 28-45
- Checked and ensure that all citizenship and ethnic groups are eligible to buy
Alright to explore lower floor units – likely currently staying 8th floor and below.
Reach – I have listed the unit across all the major property portals, within the network of property agents as well as Facebook.
Optimised Marketing – Taking into account the analysis and profile, I deduced that this unit would likely to be in high demand. To attain a good pricing and hype, I proceed to run an open-house format with one week of advance marketing leading up to the actual open house.
Space Enhancement – No home staging is needed as the unit is tastefully renovated and well-maintained. Owner also ensured that the house is cleaned and tidied before the Open house.
Power Presentation –Extra care is taken to ensure that the copywriting is adequate and addresses potential objections while photos are bright and clear yet do not deviate too far from the actual unit. Click here to take a look. I have also rehearsed my presentation through role-playing and actual walk-through.
- 12 group of viewers came during Open House and unit is sold at asking price within 2 weeks.