Norm is 31, single but attached, is hoping to buy his bachelor pad in Singapore after returning from an overseas stint for the last few years. While his work place is in downtown CBD, he will be flying often out of Singapore as he is in a regional role and he doesn’t fancy driving around and would prioritise a quiet and peaceful home. He also hopes to upgrade to a bigger property in the future, ideally in River Valley.
After a 5-hour discussion where we talked about his ideal for his first property purchase, the various procedure but most importantly, a thorough financial analysis, we concluded that what will suit him will be:
- A high potential new launch that is near the MRT
- A budget of not more 1.1mil
- A 2-bedder unit that can still provide his housing needs if he settled down and has a kid.
- A new launch that will be ready by 2021
- Selected a new launch after carefully shortlisted a few projects
- Selected a unit that fits his needs while ensuring that it is financially feasible with risk calculated and taken into account
- A workable roadmap for asset progression.