Property Life Stage Planning – Norm
Norm is 31, single but attached, is hoping to buy his bachelor pad in Singapore after returning from an overseas stint for the last few years. While his work place is in downtown CBD, he will be flying often out of Singapore as he is in a regional role and he doesn’t fancy driving around while would like a quiet and peaceful home. He also hopes to upgrade to a bigger property in the future, ideally in River Valley. He is extremely financial savvy with good investment knowledge across various investment vehicles.
After a 5-hour discussion where we talked about his ideal for his first property purchase, the various procedure but most importantly, a thorough financial analysis, we concluded that what will suit him will be:
- A high potential new launch that is near the MRT
- A budget that is comfortable and sustainable
- A 2-bedder unit that can still provide his housing needs if he settled down and has a kid.
- A new launch that will be ready by 2021/2 – he is not in a rush to move out.
- Selected a new launch after carefully shortlisted a few projects
- Selected a unit that fits his needs while ensuring that it is financially feasible with risk calculated and taken into account
- Understand that he would have to set aside some rainy day savings and parked it into liquidable yet low-volatility investment vehicle
- A workable roadmap for asset progression.
Humbled that he has shared a testimony of his property planning and execution experience with me.